Project Management Basics
This is a course designed to give Project Managers a basic overview of Project Management including commonly used best practice methodologies and frameworks such as PMBOK®, PRINCE2® including AgilePM®.
Project Management Basics (2 Days)
- High Level Structures – Portfolios, Programmes and Projects
- Frameworks and Methodologies – PMBOK, PRINCE2, AgilePM, Hybrids (their structures and similarities)
- PM Constraints – Scope, Time, Costs, Benefits, Risks and Quality (STCBRQ)
- Successful Projects – what actually constitutes a successful outcome?
- The Project Managers Role
- Hard/Technical Skills
- Soft Skills – Servant Leadership
- Stakeholders and Communications
- Front End Loading (Setting up for success)
- Project Mandate
- The Business Case (elements of successful business cases)
- Estimation/Budgeting – Waterfall vs Agile, Work Breakdown Structures
- Scheduling & Resourcing
- Execution and Delivery
- Day to Day Management Activities
- Reporting – what to report, Waterfall vs Agile reporting, “RAG” Status reporting – STCBRQ, Costs vs Actuals vs Forecast, Earned Value
- Close Out
- Project Review – use of lessons learnt and continual improvement
- Post Project
- Ongoing measurement of benefits and reporting
Note: All of the above subjects are underpinned by students carrying out group activities including the use of basic tools and techniques to reinforce learning outcomes. Take away learning materials are provided to all students.
- A basic overview of the art of project management including use of basic tools and techniques
- Facilitation of ongoing collaboration and communication between class members via group exercises
- An understanding of commonly used project management terms and tools
- Enough of the basics to run your first small project
Like to know more?
Get in in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org