PRINCE2® – Practitioner
PRINCE2® – Practitioner (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2 is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale.
PRINCE2 is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2 is truly generic – it can be tailored to meet your organisation or industry specific requirement regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.
PRINCE2 achieves this by isolating the management aspects of project work from the specialist contributions. The specialist aspects of any type of project are easily integrated with the PRINCE2 method and, used alongside PRINCE2, provide a secure overall framework for the project work.
Because PRINCE2 is generic and based on proven principles, organisations adopting the method as a standard can substantially improve their organisational capability and maturity across multiple areas of business activity – business change, construction, IT, mergers and acquisitions, research, product development and so on.
The purpose of the practitioner level is to confirm you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation.
This course is accredited by PEOPLECERT providing an independent certification in PRINCE2®.
PRINCE2 Practitioner is a 2 day course and includes course notes, course manual and sample exams.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced PRINCE2 practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
All exams conducted will be paper based.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only)
- 2.5 hours duration (no additional reading time).
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 14
- Course can be conducted on your site or off site with instructor led training
Like to know more?
Get in in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at email@example.com