PRINCE2® – Foundation
PRINCE2® (Projects IN Controlled Environments) is a process-based approach for project management providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2 Foundation is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale.
PRINCE2 is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2 is truly generic – it can be tailored to meet your organisation or industry specific requirement regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.
PRINCE2 achieves this by isolating the management aspects of project work from the specialist contributions, such as design, construction etc. The specialist aspects of any type of project are easily integrated with the PRINCE2 method and, used alongside PRINCE2, provide a secure overall framework for the project work.
Because PRINCE2 is generic and based on proven principles, organisations adopting the method as a standard can substantially improve their organisational capability and maturity across multiple areas of business activity.
This course is accredited by PEOPLECERT providing an independent certification in PRINCE2®.
PRINCE2 Foundation is a 3 day course and includes course notes, course manual and sample exams.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The foundation level is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced PRINCE2 practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
All exams conducted will be paper based.
- 75 multiple choice questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- Closed book
- 60 minutes’ duration
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Learn how to manage projects or to work in a project environment using the most internationally recognized project management method
- Ensure that team members focus on the viability of the project in relation to its business case objectives – rather than simply seeing the completion of the project as an end in itself
- Promote consistency of project work and the ability to reuse project assets while facilitating staff mobility and reducing the impact of personnel changes/handovers
- Design plans and reports to meet the needs of each level in the project team and Project Board, improving communication and control
- Mitigate perceived problems and issues and focus on the viability of the project throughout
- Evaluate the project portfolio to bring clarity and allow improvements in reviewing projects.
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management.
This qualification is aimed at Project Managers and aspiring Project Managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
Class sizing and delivery mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 14
- On your site or off site instructor led training
Like to know more?
Get in in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org