Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) Foundation
MSP® represents proven programme management best practice in the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management. MSP defines programme management as “the action of carrying out the coordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a dossier or projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business”.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts:
- MSP Principles. These are derived from positive and negative lessons learned from programme experiences. They are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change
- MSP Governance Themes. These define an organisation’s approach to programme management. They allow an organisation to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organisation structures and controls, giving the best chance for success
- MSP Transformational Flow. This provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits.
The purpose of the foundation level is to confirm you have sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a Programme office team, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP. The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner certification.
This course is accredited by PEOPLECERT providing an independent certification in Managing Successful Programmes (MSP).
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Foundation is a 3 day course and includes course notes, course manual and sample exams.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced Managing Successful Programmes practitioners, consultants, and system implementers. Please contact LATSA Learning Services if you would like our lead instructor to come and speak with you about your specific learning needs or tailoring to your organisation.
All exams conducted will be paper based.
- 75 multiple choice questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- Closed book
Exam Duration: 60 minutes.
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Utilise best practice in programme management to successfully deliver transformational change
- Carry out the coordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business
- Manage the transition of the solutions developed and delivered by projects into the organisation’s operations, whilst maintaining performance and effectiveness
- Encourage realistic expectations of the organisational capacity and ability to change
- Lead business transformation accommodating high levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Align corporate strategy, delivery mechanisms for change and the business-as-usual environment.
- Continually monitor progress, assess performance and realise benefits
- Apply a common framework of understanding for all programmes
- Add value by focusing on benefits
- Encourage feedback in order to refine future strategies based on evidence from programmes.
MSP® certification is aimed at current and aspiring programme managers. It is also highly relevant to those who require an understanding of the terminology, principles and themes of MSP, including:
- Project managers
- Business change managers
- Senior responsible owners
- Portfolio/programme office personnel.