ISO/IEC 27001 – Foundation
Contemporary organisations have a number of information security controls to manage the security of assets such as financial information, intellectual property and technology. However, without a specific information security management system (ISMS), this control system could be disjointed and disorganised.
ISO/IEC 27001 is an international standard for Information Security management which provides a model to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve a risk-managed ISMS. ISO/IEC 27001 specifies a management system that is coordinated with other international standards, enabling information security to be readily incorporated into a single management system.
An organisation that conforms to the ISO/IEC 27001 standard demonstrates clear, objective proof of its commitment to continued improvement of control over its sensitive and confidential information. ISO/IEC 27001 therefore provides reassurance to sponsors, shareholders and customers that the organisation has expert control over its risk management and data security.
This course is designed to help you deploy the best security standard for your organisation and empower you with a professional level of knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001. This Foundation certification will prepare you for the ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner – Information Security Officer qualification.
This course is accredited by APMG providing an independent globally recognised certification in ISO/IEC 27001.
ISO/IEC 27001 Foundation is a 3 day course. Course materials, copies of the relevant standards and sample exams are supplied.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced ISO/IEC 27001 practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
- Multiple choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 marks or more required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
What are the key points you will learn?
- The scope and purpose of ISO/IEC 27001 and how it can be used.
- The key terms and definitions used in the ISO/IEC 27000 series.
- The fundamental requirements for ISMS in ISO/IEC 27001 and the need for continual improvement.
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements.
- Applicability and scope definition requirements.
- Use of controls to mitigate Information Security risks.
- The purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- The relationship with best practices and with other related International Standards: ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 20000.
- Supporting the implementation, operation or maintenance of an ISMS within an organisation.
- Required to audit an ISMS and to have a basic understanding of the standard.
- Working within an organisation with an ISMS, whether the organisation is already certified or is considering certification to ISO/IEC 27001.
- Preparing for the ISO/IEC 27001 Practitioner qualification.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 14
- On your site or off site instructor led training
- Individuals – $1,969 per person
- For groups with 6 or more participants please contact LATSA as a discount may be available