Did you know that in any one year over 1 million Australians will suffer from some form of depression and 2 million Australians will suffer from anxiety? Our work environments and indeed our lives are increasingly fast paced and ever changing.
In any organisation and in our personal lives we are constantly faced with challenging situations relating to people with different personality types and personal agendas. How we respond in these situations determines the quality of the relationships we foster.
The practice of mindfulness assists us in growing our understanding of ourselves and others so we can strengthen our personal capability to respond positively in adverse situations and manage difficult personalities.
Mindfulness is about learning to maintain awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations and surrounding environment. When we practice mindfulness, our thoughts tune into what we’re sensing in the present moment rather than rehashing the past or imagining the future.
This half day program introduces the practice of mindfulness and its benefits. It includes practical exercises that assist participants in becoming self-aware and ultimately better equipped to work effectively as leaders and team members in diverse working environments.
- Not Applicable
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- An overall better quality of life
- Greater self-control and calm in the face of adversity
- Greater tolerance of others including empathy and emotional intelligence
- Improved concentration & mental clarity
- A greater love of the life you live
- A better and more productive working style
- Develop and embed resilience and respect in your organisational culture
- Complements a contemporary style of servant leadership whereby team leaders take satisfaction not from their own personal success but from team success.
- Customer facing staff can develop as a calmer approach with difficult customers
- Lower staff absences directly attributable to stress
- Achieve transparent, honest, respectful and non-judgmental communications
- Front of house staff
- Staff that have high levels of inter-team and inter-departmental engagement in their roles (e.g. Business Analysts. Change Managers, Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Agile Team Members, Senior and Executive Managers)
There are no prerequisites for this course apart from an open mind and the desire to increase your levels of emotional intelligence that will assist you in living a calmer happier and more fruitful life.
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 5 to 20
- On your site or off-site instructor led training
- 3 hour morning or afternoon session
- Individuals – $250 per person
Groups – 6 or more $220 per person
Current members of the IIBA, PMI, ACS or AEA receive a 10% discount
Enquires & Bookings
Phone: (08) 8130 1580