AgilePM® - Practitioner
In today’s competitive and ever changing business environment, delivering solutions that enable early realisation of benefits is both a desirable and critical business capability. Agile Project Management (AgilePM®) is a scalable methodology to quickly deliver small enhancements to existing solutions to full scale conceptualisation and delivery of large and complex business process solutions and products. AgilePM is a robust but flexible methodology that has a clear advantage of fixing the project time and budget whilst maintaining the minimum expected levels of quality. It further acknowledges and accepts that the solution will evolve over the project’s lifespan.
This course is accredited by the APMG providing an independent certification in Agile Project Management.
AgilePM certification is aimed at aspiring and practising project managers, and at team members wishing to adopt a fast-paced, flexible and collaborative approach to project management whilst maintaining standards and rigour’.
AgilePM Practitioner is a 2 day course including course notes and the DSDM Consortium’s Agile Project Management Handbook version 2 (if not supplied in Agile PM Foundation), which is the only reference material that can be used in a Practitioner exam.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced Agile practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
All exams conducted will be paper based.
- Objective testing
- 4 questions per paper, 20 marks available per question
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 2.5 hours duration
- Open book (restricted to the official manual only) examination.
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful agile projects.
- Clarify different management styles needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects and be able to tailor these to the situation.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and gives the business ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and project success rates while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigour and visibility around project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Develop professionalism in employees and include agile certification in employee professional development schemes.
- Aspiring and Practising Project Managers
- PMO Support Team Personnel
- Project Sponsors needing an overview of governance requirements
- Business Analysts
- Quality Assurance Personnel.
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 14
- On your site or off site instructor led training.