PRINCE2® 6th Edition
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) 6th Edition is a process-based approach for project management, providing an easily tailored and scalable method for the management of all types of projects. PRINCE2 is a flexible method that guides you through the essentials for running a successful project regardless of project type or scale.
PRINCE2 is a non-proprietary method and has emerged worldwide as one of the most widely accepted methods for managing projects. This is largely due to the fact that PRINCE2 is truly generic – it can be tailored to meet your organisation or industry specific requirements regardless of project scale, type, organisation, geography or culture.
PRINCE2 achieves this by isolating the management aspects of project work from the specialist contributions, such as design, construction etc. The specialist aspects of any type of project are easily integrated with the PRINCE2 method and used alongside PRINCE2, provide a secure overall framework for the project work.
Because PRINCE2 is generic and based on proven principles, organisations adopting the method as a standard can substantially improve their organisational capability and maturity across multiple areas of business activity.
PRINCE2 Foundation is a 3-day course and includes course notes, course manual and sample exams.
PRINCE2 Practitioner is a 2-day course and includes course notes and sample exams. The course builds on the Foundations course to further enhance the skills learned and develop practical application understanding.
LATSA Learning Services Instructors are experienced PRINCE2 practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
Download the PRINCE2® 6th Edition course outline.
This course is accredited by the PeopleCertTM providing an independent certification in PRINCE2 6th Edition. Certification is available at Foundation or Practitioner levels.
- Multiple choice format
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
- Paper based or online
- Objective testing
- 8 questions with 10 elements per question (1 mark per element)
- 44 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- 150 minutes’ duration
- Open book – restricted to official manual only
- Paper based or online
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort
- Increase staff awareness of their roles and responsibilities in the project management life cycle
- Utilise an invaluable diagnostic tool, facilitating the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting and audits
- Ensure stakeholders (including sponsors and resource providers) are properly represented in planning and decision making
- Enable more effective engagement of stakeholders in the process of project approval and management
- Demonstrates expertise and know-how 
- Improves employability 
- Ensures project success and delivery 
- Improves communication and control 
Organisational Benefits 
- Manages resources, business risk, and deliverables effectively
- Applicable to all types of projects
- Saves time and resources through a shared approach to reporting
- Improves productivity by increasing staff awareness of roles and responsibilities
- Project alignment with business goals
- Facilitates management and stakeholder involvement at relevant and appropriate times during the project
- Facilitates the assurance and assessment of project work, troubleshooting, and audits
- Aspiring and Practising Project Managers
- PMO Support Team Personnel
- Project Sponsors needing an overview of governance requirements
- Business Analysts
- Quality Assurance Personnel
- Previous project management experience will be helpful.
- Foundation Certification
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 15
- On your site or off-site instructor led training
- 3 to 5 days
- Foundation – $1964 per person (+GST)
- Practitioner – $1777 per person (+GST)
- Combined Foundation and Practitioner – $2993 (20% Discount) (+GST)
- For groups of 10 or more participants please contact LATSA as a discount may be available
- Current members of the IIBA, PMI or ACS receive a 10% discount
- All course price include exam fees and are charged irrespective of the candidate sitting the exam
- PeopleCert Take2 provides a cost-effective way of providing a second attempt at the exam if needed
Like to know more?
Get in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at
PRINCE2® is a registered trademark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.