Managing Successful Programs – MSP®
Managing Succesfull Programs – MSP® represents proven best practice in for the successful delivery of transformational change through the application of programme management. MSP defines programme management as “the action of carrying out the coordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a dossier or projects and transformational activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business”.
The purpose of the courses is to confirm sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance of this participants. This is to ensure they can interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a Programme office team, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP.
The MSP framework is based on three core concepts: 
- MSP Principles are the common factors that underpin the success of any transformational change.
- MSP Governance Themes define an organisation’s approach to programme management. They allow an organisation to put in place the right leadership, delivery team, organisation structures and controls, giving the best chance for success
- MSP Transformational Flow provides a route through the lifecycle of a programme from its conception through to the delivery of the new capability, outcomes and benefits.
MSP® Foundation is a 3-day course including course notes, course manual and sample exams.
MSP® Practitioner is a 2-day course including course notes and sample exams. The course builds on the Foundations course to further enhance the skills learned and develop practical application understanding.
LATSA Instructors are experienced program management practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
Download the Managing Successful Programs course brief.
This course is accredited by the PeopleCertTM providing an independent certification in Managing Successful Programs. Certification is available at Foundation or Practitioner levels.
- Multiple choice format
- 75 questions per paper
- 5 questions to be trial and not counted in scores
- 35 marks required to pass (out of 70 available) – 50%
- 60 minutes’ duration
- Closed book
- Paper based or online
- Objective testing
- 8 questions per paper (10 marks per question)
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) – 50%
- 150 minutes’ duration
- Open book – restricted to official manual only
- Paper based or online
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Utilise best practice in programme management to successfully deliver transformational change
- Carry out the coordinated organisation, direction and implementation of a dossier of projects and transformation activities to achieve outcomes and realise benefits of strategic importance to the business
- Manage the transition of the solutions developed and delivered by projects into the organisation’s operations, whilst maintaining performance and effectiveness
- Encourage realistic expectations of the organisational capacity and ability to change
- Lead business transformation accommodating high levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk.
- Align corporate strategy, delivery mechanisms for change and the business-as-usual environment
- Continually monitor progress, assess performance and realise benefits
- Apply a common framework of understanding for all programmes
- Add value by focusing on benefits
- Encourage feedback in order to refine future strategies based on evidence from programmes.
- Aspiring and Practising Program Managers
- Project Managers
- PMO Support Team Personnel
- Project Sponsors needing an overview of governance requirements
- Change Managers
- Previous project & program management experience will be helpful.
- Foundation Certification
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 15
- On your site or off-site instructor led training
- 3 to 5 days
- Foundation – $1964 per person (+GST)
- Practitioner – $1777 per person (+GST)
- Combined Foundation and Practitioner – $2993 (20% Discount) (+GST)
- For groups of 10 or more participants please contact LATSA as a discount may be available.
- Current members of the IIBA, PMI or ACS receive a 10% discount
- All course price include exam fees and are charged irrespective of the candidate sitting the exam
- PeopleCert Take2 provides a cost-effective way of providing a second attempt at the exam if needed
Like to know more?
Get in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at
MSP™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserve.