BABOK® V3 Study
In today’s competitive and ever-changing business environment, delivering solutions that enable early realisation of benefit is both desirable and critical business capability. Business analysis is the practice of enabling change in an enterprise by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Business analysis enables an enterprise to articulate needs and the rationale for change, and to design and describe solutions that can deliver value.
Business analysis can be performed from a diverse array of perspectives and contexts. The BABOK® Guide describes several of these perspectives: agile, business intelligence, information technology, business architecture, and business process management. One or many perspectives may apply to an initiative, the BABOK® Guide contains many perspectives but does not describe all the contexts for business analysis.
BABOK V3® Foundation is a 2-day course including course material and BABOK V3 Handbook. The course is an introduction to BABOK V3® Business Analysis Core Concept Model and the Knowledge Areas overview. This will provide the foundation for pursuing a professional qualification in any of the IIBA certifications.
BABOK V3® Practitioner is a 5-day course including course material and BABOK V3 Handbook. It is an in-depth course that provides a structured and shared experience to learn the content of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge version 3 (BABOK®), its Knowledge Areas, Techniques, Underlying Competencies and, Perspectives. It aims to be an interactive experience to share experiences and challenges to achieve greater understanding of how to achieve success as a Business Analyst. Provide help to prepare for IIBA certification (ECBA or CCBA level).
LATSA Instructors are experienced business analysis practitioners, consultants, and system implementers.
Download the BABOK® V3 Study course brief.
These are IIBA endorsed study courses suitable for business analysts preparing for Entry Certificate in Business AnalysisTM (ECBA), Certification of Capability in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA) and Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP) but does not provide actual certification.
Details on IIBA business analysts certification can a found on the IIBA certification website.
- There are no exams for these courses
- Details on business analysts certification exams can a found on the IIBA certification website
Acquired Personal Capabilities
- Understanding of the importance of managing business analysis information.
- Have an awareness of common business analysis techniques.
- Have an awareness of the need to develop a way in which people can efficiently access and use business analysis information.
- Understand the importance of communicating information with stakeholders planning stakeholder engagement and having an effective approval process to manage requirements and designs.
- Understand the importance of eliciting information relevant to the change and validating information with stakeholders.
- Understand the need to ensure that requirements and designs align with one another through traceability.
- Understand the importance of continually monitoring, assessing, and improving business analysis performance.
- Understand the importance of obtaining agreement on requirements, designs and prioritization.
- Understand the importance of evaluating the environment associated with the change and the impact of proposed changes to requirements/designs.
- Provide the foundation for Business Analysis discipline
- Create repeatable processes through the use of best practises
- Uplift of existing BA capability
- Formalise the role of the BA
- Aspiring and Practising Business Analysts
- PMO Support Team Personnel
- Project Sponsors and senior managers needing an overview of business analysis practices
- Business Analyst’s studying in preparation for Entry Certificate in Business AnalysisTM (ECBA) and Certification of Capability in Business AnalysisTM (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis ProfessionalTM (CBAP)
- Experience in Business analysis or similar role will be advantageous
Class Sizing and Delivery Mode
- Minimum/Maximum participants per class 4 to 15
- On your site or off-site instructor led training
- 2 days or 5 days
- Foundation – $980 per person (+GST)
- Practitioner – $2375 per person (+GST)
- Groups – for 10 or more participants please contact LATSA as a discount may be available.
- Current members of the IIBA, PMI or ACS receive a 10% discount
Like to know more?
Get in touch via phone (08) 8130 1580 or email us at
IIBA®, the IIBA® logo, BABOK®, Endorsed Education Provider® and Business Analysis Body of Knowledge® are registered trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis. CCBA®, CBAP® and Certified Business Analysis Professional® are registered certification marks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.
Certification of Capability in Business Analysis™, Endorsed Education Provider™, EEP™ and the EEP logo are trademarks owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.